Calorimetry Part 3: Results

Today, we finished our calorimetry project. The temperature probe suddenly stopped giving accurate numbers, jumping 40 degrees in 10 seconds. It worked the class before, but we didn’t have much time today as it was late arrival so we used a Vernier GoTemp instead to get our measurements. We graphed the temperature vs time, got the slope, did some math in order to find the heat capacity of water. The answer has been found by many scientists before us to be 4.182. We got our answer to be 4.180, so not bad! That’s only 0.05% error! Here is a picture of the 3D printed lid, the motor, and the heating element in the cup.

Calorimetry cup

 

And here is our code for this project:

 

Calorimetry code

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *